Hi, I’m Laura! I’m a blogger and a professional mental health therapist.
I love helping people maximize their potential, embrace their identity, and clarify their purpose, and this blog is my little passion project, my broadcast into a community who can engage in topics of mind, body, and soul wellness with me. I know so many wonderful and beautiful women who struggle with life’s deeper questions, who want to move in a direction and can’t figure out where to start, or who aren’t sure which direction to take quite yet.
I hope to speak to that. And, well, I hope to add a little spice from my own experiences as a therapist and as a human being.
very important things you should know…
- I love coffee. I could probably take it through an IV.
- I don’t love spiders. Ask anyone whom I’ve made dispose of a spider for me (yes I’m ok if they set it free outside)
- I’m a Colorado girl with Indiana roots.
- I’m a vicarious dog owner thanks to boyfriends and roommates.
- If I couldn’t live in Colorado, I’d be somewhere by the ocean.
- I randomly learned how to play the ukulele in college.
- Most importantly, I love Jesus.
if you’ve been interested enough to get this far, just know how much you mean to me as a reader. let’s make it official and be pals…
and if you’re curious… why the name Ivory & Pine?
I loved the contrast….cool, elegant, clean ivory against earthy, rustic pine. Ivory is rare, precious. The color is crisp, but not too industrial. Pine, on the other hand, is more like home to me. It’s common, useful, and woodsy. Pines are found throughout the landscape, both here in Colorado and back home in Indiana. Just the scent of pine grounds me. Ivory is an ideal, clean, simple, and pure; while pine is the shout-out to my homes and my average, messy life. And to me, both are beautiful.